Alice in Wonderland cushion. Natural linen blend cushion decorated with freehand machine embroidery Mad Hatter design. This cushion is backed in a multi-checked Harris Tweed that uses cerise pink, grey, black and blue yarns.
· Handmade cushion cover, approximately 43cm x 43cm
· Natural cream linen/cotton blend front, decorated with a freehand machine embroidery Mad Hatter design
· Beautiful Harris Tweed back, with official Harris Tweed label
· Black cotton piping trim
· Covered zip for easy removal and insertion of cushion
· Duck feather cushion pad - 46cm x 46cm to give extra squishiness
The Mad Hatter design is taken from the original John Tenniel illustrations from Alice in Wonderland. It is made up of hundreds and thousands of freehand stitches. I use freehand machine embroidery to decorate my cushions. It's just like drawing with a sewing machine! Nothing is computerised, all totally freehand, which means that no two cushions are exactly the same, they all have their own little character.
I get most of my Harris Tweed direct from the weaver. I love Harris Tweed, it's such a special fabric - it feels beautifully luxurious and is a joy to work with. This particular Harris Tweed is constructed using beautiful cerise pink, grey, black and blue and woven in a checked design.
Did you know that Harris Tweed is the only fabric that is protected by its own Act of Parliament? It must be handwoven by islanders in their own homes, must be made from pure virgin wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides. So, the backs of my cushions are certainly not boring!
See more from The Little Bluebird Boutique