Natural linen blend cushion decorated with freehand machine embroidery Hare design. This cushion is backed with beautiful turquoise blue Harris Tweed.
· Handmade cushion cover, approximately 43cm x 43cm
· Natural cream linen/cotton blend front, decorated with freehand machine embroidery hare design
· Beautiful Harris Tweed back, with official Harris Tweed label
· Black cotton piping trim
· Covered zip for easy removal and insertion of cushion
· Duck feather cushion pad - 46cm x 46cm to give extra squishiness (UK buyers only)
· Dry clean only
The hare design on this cushion is made up of hundreds and thousands of freehand stitches. I use freehand machine embroidery to decorate my cushions. It's just like drawing with a sewing machine! Nothing is computerised, all totally freehand, which means that no two cushions are exactly the same, they all have their own little character.
I get most of my Harris Tweed direct from the weaver. I love Harris Tweed, it's such a special fabric - it feels beautifully luxurious and is a joy to work with. This particular Harris Tweed is a fabulous bright turquoise blue with a subtle orange and yellow check pattern.
Did you know that Harris Tweed is the only fabric that is protected by its own Act of Parliament? It must be handwoven by islanders in their own homes, and made from pure virgin wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides. So, the backs of my cushions are certainly not boring!
See more from The Little Bluebird Boutique